|Visiting Professor Program Guidelines
Back to Visiting Professor
Attention - NEW for 2019 Visiting Professor Requests
Thank you enquiring about hosting a visiting professor from the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons (ASMS).
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING NEW REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete a request application form online before April 12, 2019
- Visits are recommended to be two days in duration and may include lectures, discussion groups, patient evaluations, and ward rounds.
- Please see below related to grant requirements for travel
- Requests will only be accepted from the ACGME accredited Plastic Surgery Training Programs.
- ASMS will support ONE visiting professor per institution, per year.
The HOST INSTITUTION will provide and cover the cost of hotel accommodations for the VP.
ASMS will provide round-trip transportation (coach airfare and airport transfers).
If applicable, the local host will be responsible for working with the visiting professor to obtain specific privileges necessary for operative procedures.
The application process is March 8 - April 12. All requests must be received by Friday, April 12.
The ASMS Visiting Professor Committee will review all requests and will work with the individual VPs to determine which programs will be selected.
The ASMS will notify the Host Institution (HI) and the HI and VP will coordinate dates and travel with ASMS staff Lorraine O'Grady to make ensure all requirements are met.
Due to compliance requirements from our sponsoring partner (Stryker), the VP and HI must have grant pre-authorization prior to the visit being scheduled. The grant submission process may take 6-8 weeks.
The ASMS will provide reimbursement of roundtrip coach airfare booked at least 21 days in advance as well as meals (per diem of up to $100 for two days), onsite and airport parking. Faculty or group dinners are not covered.
Failure to abide by the guidelines and may result in the HI covering the costs associated with the VP.
Please do not hesitate to contact Ms. O'Grady with any questions or concerns.