|ASMS Resident Scholar Program 2016
Back to Awards
The American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons and the Maxillofacial Surgeons Foundation are proud to announce the seventh year of the ASMS Resident Scholar Program for plastic surgery residents who have expressed an interest in developing a career in Craniomaxillofacial Surgery. This program provides financial support for the Resident Scholar to attend the annual scientific meeting in Los Angeles, September 22-26, 2016. The ASMS Resident Scholars are required to attend the ASMS Pre-Conference on Thursday, September 22.
The Scholars are encouraged to attend the ASMS program and events during Plastic Surgery 2016 and are invited to the annual ASMS luncheon and business meeting.
Three scholarships will be awarded. The registration for the ASMS Pre-Conference Symposium will be deducted from the award. The remaining scholarship funds will be dispersed directly to the Scholar at the ASMS Presidential Reception on Sunday, September 25. The award is to defray airfare, hotel accommodations, and related expenses for meeting attendance.
Scholar Applicant Criteria:
- Must be a Plastic Surgery Resident in the last 2 years of his/her training program.
- Must not have received a previous ASMS Resident Scholar Award.
- Must be a Resident Affiliate of ASMS, or submit an ASMS Resident Affiliate application with this Scholar application. ASMS Resident Affiliate instructions/applications can be found here: www.maxface.org. There is no cost to complete the Resident Affiliate Application and no membership dues.
- Must be present at the ASMS annual meeting to accept your award.
Requirements for Resident Scholar Nomination:
- A completed application which can be found at www.maxface.org, which includes a brief statement.
- A letter of nomination from plastic surgery and/or craniofacial surgery fellowship program directors detailing their applicant's interest and potential for developing a future career in the field of craniomaxillofacial surgery.
- The nominee's current CV.
Please send application materials to ASMS Resident Scholar Program, via email to email@example.com or via mail to ASMS, Attn: Lorraine O’Grady, 500 Cummings Center, Suite 4550, Beverly, MA 01915.
Application deadline has passed.