|Visiting Professor Program Guidelines
Back to Visiting Professor
Maxillofacial Surgeons Foundation
- Complete a request application form online.
- Visits are recommended to be two days in duration.
- Visits may include: lectures, discussion groups, patient evaluations, and ward rounds.
- Each host will arrange visit details directly with the Visiting Professor once they have been notified by ASMS that their invitation has been accepted.
- Complete and submit an online evaluation of the visit within 5 business days after the visit.
- Appropriate recognition must be provided to Stryker for their corporate support and to ASMS.
- If applicable, the local host will be responsible for working with the visiting professor to obtain specific privileges necessary for operative procedures.
- MSF will provide reimbursement of roundtrip coach airfare booked at least 21 days in advance, hotel accommodations for two nights (up to $500 for two nights), as well as meals (per diem of up to $100 for two days), onsite and airport parking. Faculty or group dinners are not covered.
- Requests will only be accepted from the ACGME accredited Plastic Surgery Training Programs.
- MSF will support two Visiting Professors per institution per year.
- Visiting Professors are selected by the ASMS Visiting Professor Committee and are either ASMS Active or Life members.