ASMS 2015 Leadership Seminar
Saturday, July 11, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Lurie Children's Hospital, Chicago
Watch the complete 2016 Summer Leadership Seminar
||Edward Hughes, MD, MPH
Professor of Strategy, Kellogg School of Management, Professor of Preventive Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Provides an interactive overview of the forces shaping healthcare today.
- Outline national healthcare trends.
- Stimulate discussion among the participants.
||Henry Allen, MPH, JD
Senior Attorney Advocacy
American Medical Association
- Discuss how the new marketplace will affect physicians and surgeons.
- Discuss collective bargaining and that unionization is not necessary for collective bargaining.
- Discuss the shift to becoming hospital employees & employee rights.
||Michael J. Dandorph, Executive Vice-President
Chief Operating Officer
Rush University Medical Center
- Discuss the integration of academic institutions and community hospitals.
- Discuss considerations of merging hospitals.
- Discuss the long term and short term implications of mergers.
- Discuss combining medical staffs.
Chief Financial Officer
Lurie Children's Hospital
- Discuss the range of internal options for hospitals.
- Discuss community partnerships.
|Q & A Panel